Thursday, June 21, 2007

Steve's Newest Toy

Steve and I grew up with VW buses as part of our families' vacation experience and car history (and we each have the Little Miss Sunshine type stories to go with them), so when he decided to buy a 1966 21-window bus, it wasn't a big surprise to me. He flew down to San Diego with a cashier's check, took the bus for a test drive, and then began the process of bringing the bus back to our house in Cupertino...an adventure in itself. Perhaps we'll start a separate blog called Travels with Diego, the name we have now given to the bus (another family tradition). Yes, that's right: we now have TWO VW buses (Charlie, the brown one on the right, is an automatic and only has about 70K miles on it. Steve's mom and dad were the original owners, so we decided it needed to stay in the family....).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your VW buses! When do you think Patrick & I can go for a ride with you? Maybe once Ryan is here we can cruise around town. I can hardly wait for the little guy to hurry up and get here. But he's taking his time. Probably waiting for Bush to leave office. Smart kid. I like him already.
R Cisneros